Pride Shenanigans
Jul. 5th, 2026 01:36 pm Here is some queer things I've enjoyed recently:
β€οΈπ³οΈππ§‘π³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈππPRIDE!β€οΈπ³οΈππ§‘π³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈππ

For the second year in a row, I volunteered, for the second year in a row, I regretted it for most of the day.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great day, a great event and overwhelmingly positive, but I wind up feeling a bit useless, unnecessary and oddly excluded, which is 100% the opposite of why I sign up. Next year, I'll either just be a spectator or find a different way to be involved without signing up with the official Pride organizations, and again, nothing against them as a whole.
β€οΈπ³οΈππ§‘π³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈππ KLUNE!! β€οΈπ³οΈππ§‘π³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈππ

*sigh* I love him so much! It was a signing for his newest book "We Burn So Bright" and it included a signed copy of that and we could bring one other of his books to have him sign as well. I, of course, brought "Wolfsong." The bookstore was packed, I wore a Green Creek shirt that my niece made for me, and I realized that Klune had two type of fans, queer fans and sometimes-queer but very much bookclub fans who had maybe only ever read his "House in the Cerulean Sea" and "Somewhere Beyond the Sea," as about half of the crowd had no idea what my shirt was referencing.
They let us take our seats about 90 minutes before the event started and I'm so glad they did, because about 20 minutes in, Klune got bored backstage, so he came out and talked to us and answered any questions we had before the talk officially started. This was doubly awesome, because about 30 minutes into the talk, the fire alarms went off and we had to go outside. π±π± Thankfully, they stopped and we got to go back in for the signing part. β€οΈβ€οΈ
β€οΈπ³οΈππ§‘π³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈππ JUNE READSβ€οΈπ³οΈππ§‘π³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈπππ³οΈππ

Not as many as I wanted, but hey, I was sort of also being all social and whatnot. Oh! But speaking of being social-- and reading--
nonesensed

For the second year in a row, I volunteered, for the second year in a row, I regretted it for most of the day.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great day, a great event and overwhelmingly positive, but I wind up feeling a bit useless, unnecessary and oddly excluded, which is 100% the opposite of why I sign up. Next year, I'll either just be a spectator or find a different way to be involved without signing up with the official Pride organizations, and again, nothing against them as a whole.

*sigh* I love him so much! It was a signing for his newest book "We Burn So Bright" and it included a signed copy of that and we could bring one other of his books to have him sign as well. I, of course, brought "Wolfsong." The bookstore was packed, I wore a Green Creek shirt that my niece made for me, and I realized that Klune had two type of fans, queer fans and sometimes-queer but very much bookclub fans who had maybe only ever read his "House in the Cerulean Sea" and "Somewhere Beyond the Sea," as about half of the crowd had no idea what my shirt was referencing.
They let us take our seats about 90 minutes before the event started and I'm so glad they did, because about 20 minutes in, Klune got bored backstage, so he came out and talked to us and answered any questions we had before the talk officially started. This was doubly awesome, because about 30 minutes into the talk, the fire alarms went off and we had to go outside. π±π± Thankfully, they stopped and we got to go back in for the signing part. β€οΈβ€οΈ

Not as many as I wanted, but hey, I was sort of also being all social and whatnot. Oh! But speaking of being social-- and reading--
(no subject)
Date: 2026-07-23 10:47 am (UTC)Sorry to hear you didnβt enjoy the volunteering but I totally relate to that feeling of standing around and not feeling needed as a volunteer. Itβs not a great experience, thatβs for sure.
(no subject)
Date: 2026-07-23 04:22 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2026-07-29 07:42 pm (UTC)